THEY WERE THERE
Participants & companies
TETRA PAK; MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL; TNO-Pays Bas; NESTLÉ; DANONE; KRYSPY KERNELS; ITPSA; BIOVITA; DSM NUTRITIONAL ; NATURENVIE; SKJODT-BARRETT FOODS; QUADRA INGREDIENTS; CINTECH AGROALIMENTAIRE; AGROPUR; ASSOCIATION CANADIENNE DES PRODUITS NATURELS; PRO MEXICO; NATURAL PRODUCTS CANADA; GROUPE CLUSTER WAGRALIM; AG BIO CENTRE; SILICYCLE INC; EXTENSE PHARMA; BIOVELIA; LÉO DÉSILET/FACOTEK; CELABOR; PHARMAFRICANE; AMAZSTEV LIFESTLE BRANDS INC; PRODIGEST; YU LIFE;ABBOTT NUTRITION; DSM NUTRITIONAL; ACTUALITÉ ALIMENTAIRE/EDIKOM; SYNTBIOLAB; BIOK +; ATRIUM INNOVATIONS (GENESTRA & DOUGLAS LABORATORIES; BIOFOR-EXTRA; PHARMA NATURE; DIANA FOODS ; ALIGO;VIT'ALL+; FEDÉRATION DES PRODUCTEURS ACERICOLES DU QUEBEC; BIOCÉAN; VALBIOTIS; GENOME QUEBEC; FRUIT D'OR; BIOFORTIS; CINTECH AGROALIMENATAIRE; KHLOROS; LABORATOIRES CLÉMASCIENCE; KSA AVOCATS; NUTRACANADA; ACTIV'INSIDE; LASSONDE; NUTRINOR; GROUPE PHARMANAGER; IDC DERMOCORRECTION; ERGOGENIC; LESIEUR - GROUPE AVRIL; PHARMA LAB; KEFI PLANT; FSI; PHARMANAGER; ABBOTT NUTRITION; NUTRIKEO / CULTURE NUTRITION; PRODUCTEURS LAITIERS DU CANADA; GESTION SOVAR; BOTANIC CERT; LALLEMAND HEALTH SOLUTIONS; STENO DIABETES CENTER, DANEMARK; PRO CIRCUIT HIGH TECH NUTRITION; ENVIRONEX; INNOVACTIV; ALIMENT TRIGONE; 3M CANADA; PRO-AMINO INTERNATIONAL; PACHEM DISTRIBUTION; NUTRISIMPLE ;
Organizations-international delegations- services
VILLE DE QUÉBEC; QUÉBEC INTERNATIONAL; CRÉNEAU ALIMENTS SANTÉ; CRÉNEAU AGROBORÉAL; CRÉNEAU TRANSFORMACTION; CRÉNEAU RSTM; MAPAQ; AGRICULTURE CANADA; AISA - ASSOCIATION POUR LES INGRÉDIENTS SANTÉ EN ALIMENTATION; AQIA - ASSOCIATION QUÉBÉCOISE POUR L'INNOCUITÉ ALIMENTAIRE; ASQ-ALLIANCE SANTÉ QUEBEC; FONDACTION : CENTRE DE RECHERCHE EN BIOTHECHNOLOGIE MARINE; CIATEJ -GUADALAJARA; CLUSTER AINS - INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ASSOCIATION ; NUTRITION-HEALTH; CTNS - THE TECHNOLOGICAL CENTRE OF NUTRITION AND HEALTH; PEI BIO ALLIANCE; REPRÉSENTATION DE L'ÉTAT DE BAVIÈRE AU QUÉBEC; REASEAU EURECAT/CTNS; INSPQ; GROUPE POLE DE COMPÉTITIVITÉ VITAGORA; CRSNG; POLE DE COMPETITIVITÉ FRANCAIS- NUTRITION SANTÉ LONGÉVITÉ; MITACS; CRIBIQ; CTAC - CONSEIL DE LA TRANSFORMATION ALIMENTAIRE DU QUEBEC; SANTÉ CANADA; PARI-CNRC; NATIONAL RESEARCH COUNCIL, ITALIE; MERINOV; TRANSBIOTECH
Canadian and international universities
UNIVERSITÉ LAVAL ; INAF- INSTITUT SUR LA NUTRITION ET ALIMENTS FONCTIONNELS, NUTRINEURO, INRA, BORDEAUX; UNIVERSITÉ DE BAYREUTH, ALLEMAGNE; DEAKIN UNIVERSITY, AUSTRALIA; WOMEN'S GLOBAL HEALTH INSTITUTE, PURDUE UNIVERSITY, IN, USA; BAYLOR COLLEGE OF MEDICINE, TX, USA; STENO DIABETES CENTER, DANEMARK; UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHAMPTON; DEPT PHARMACY & BIOTECHNOLOGY, BOLOGNA UNIVERSITY; DEPARTMENT OF PEDIATRICS, UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL OF COPENHAGEN; UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA; UNIVERSITE DE LYON And many more!
TECH TRANSFER PLACE
A STRATEGIC PLACE FOR INNOVATION PROMOTERS AND INVESTORS
- Located at the heart of the Innovation hall, the Tech Transfer Place is a zone for promoters of innovations (researchers, research centres and start ups) seeking business partnerships and investors.
- It consists of a conference room for sales pitches of promoters’ technologies or products.
- Several universities, research centres, business incubators, start ups, venture capitalists and multinational companies participate in the TTP presentations. Discussions continue at the promoters’ stands or via the B2B platform.
This year, 15 innovative technologies, ingredients and product will be presented. A total of 33 sales pitches will be given by promotors, organizations offering services and support to promotors as well as opportunies for business development in the international market.
Testimonial from a Tech Transfer Place participant
Charles Lavigne, PhD., Manager, Research and Development – Agri-Food-Incubator for the Centre de développement bioalimentaire du Québec attests the concrete outcomes of his presence at BÉNÉFIQ.
Since our organization presented at the Tech Transfer Place at BÉNÉFIQ, the CDBQ has signed three strategic alliances:
- First, with Novidev Santé Active who produces the ‘Anti+’ juice (blueberry, watermelon, cranberry and pomegranate) in our facilities using high hydrostatic pressure processing. This technology preserves a maximum of nutrients (vitamins and antioxidants) compared to traditional pasteurization.
- Second, with Natur+l XTD, a company who offers a cold pasteurization outsourcing service. The CDBQ is now the research centre associated with this company, meaning it performs the research and development of new products processed with this technology and manages regulatory aspects with Health Canada and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- And, lastly, CDBQ has become the research centre associated with the packaging company IPL to develop and test new packaging that is resistant to high hydrostatic pressure and heat treatments.
BÉNÉFIQ IS …
The International Rendez-vous on Health Ingredients that was held from October 4 to 6, 2016, at the Quebec City Convention Centre. BÉNÉFIQ is a unique, world-class event combining science with business. With a large socioeconomic scope, the event is a motor for innovation in its areas of excellence.